Thursday, April 2, 2009

Recombining the top and the bottom

I have been working on the upper and lower halves separately (as my computer tends to go very slowly when I'm on the upper half, as it has so many polygons), and because of this the two models did not seemed connected. It was as if the two buildings were designed and built separately, and just happened to be near each other.

To attempt to fix this, I have placed the upper "studio" so a portion of the pipes hang over the water. I have joined the upper and lower halves by a path. This path curves underneath the stairs to enter the gallery space. Note that although it appears that the stairs may be too low to walk underneath, the absolute lowest point still allows for 2.1m of vertical space.

I have also added textures to every object. The majority of the textures are from my Moleskine notebook, with colours added with Sketchup's "Colorize" feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment